Monday, December 6, 2010

Watching NSW Labor Self Destruct


Isn't it fascinating to watch the implosion of NSW Labor.

I can't wait for election day in March 2011 and see them turfed out onto Macquarie Street, all their bongos and boxes stacked up around them and haul their sorry arses into the oblivion they so richly deserve.

Once upon a time, not all that long ago, I was a Labor man through and through. As much as I hate to admit it, I was also involved in the union movement. Looking back I just can't understand what came over me! Maybe it was the angry young man syndrome, all set to take on the world, sort right from wrong, power to the people, bring justice to the oppressed working masses. There's no way now that I could support this train wreck of a party and its industrial wing.

Each time I see the talking heads on TV sprouting their glib cliches I just want to spew. Only the anticipated uproar from my darling partner, were I to soil her clean house, stops me.

Every time I see union heavies whining and banging on with their crap I feel like putting a brick through my 55 inch LED. I'm going out to Clark Rubber to buy some foam rubber bricks for my TV's sake! As an aside, does anyone know who that nasty Scotsman from the ETU is? He's a shocker, he should be timewarped back to Thatcher's Britain.

The Labor of yesteryear has long since died. They were the times you could be proud of the ALP and what it stood for. Legends like Curtin, Chifley, Whitlam and Hawke. The likes of Gillard, Rudd, Keneally and Co aren't worthy to even clean Ben Chifley's boots.

Those that know these things are predicting a massive defeat for NSW Labor. If it comes to pass, as it surely will, Labor have only themselves to blame.

In the aftermath the finger pointing will be a classic study of denial and sloping shoulder syndrome. They're all coated in teflon (registered trademark).

Bring it on I say! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment