Sunday, November 28, 2010

Beware The Crazy Eyes!


I had an unnerving experience with a lunatic in Fyshwick this morning.

Some may be aware of my washing machine woes of late and my need to move three of the beasts around. Having left my nifty red trolley safely in the shed at Ulladulla (which is clever) I zipped around to Supercheap Auto in Fyshwick.

I was exiting with my new $16 red trolley (how can they make these things so cheap! Pump up tyres and all!) when a ute pulled up and a guy got out. Seeing my ute, he must have thought I was a fellow traveller because he approached me in a manner that suggested we shared a bond. I come across a lot of people in my line of business, most of whom never want to acknowledge me in public so I thought it was a refreshing change.

As the bloke drew nearer I thought maybe this was a case of mistaken identity. Suddenly, without warning, right there in Supercheap's carpark and in the pouring rain he began a tirade. It's hard to recollect exactly what he was saying but I do know that the main thrust of the whole ridiculous rant was about the inadequacies of modern cheap BBQ burners and how it was all a plot to sell more LPG.

Initially I humoured him but I was becoming wet and worried. I have seen crazy eyes before and his were A Grade Nutter crazy! It was like looking into a black pit of insanity or worse! Maybe even the eyes of Beelzebub himself.

Moving slowly, so as not to spook the horses, keeping myself between him and my car, I bravely advised him he was in the wrong place for BBQ accessories. Flinging my trolley into the ute I leaped into the cab. As I was frantically lighting the fires I could hear him either abusing me or thanking me in a very loud, maniacal shriek.

Gunning the trusty VZ toward the carpark exit I could see his rage contorted face mouthing obsenities in my direction as he headed into the auto parts shop full of poor unsuspecting innocents. I hope everyone was okay. There were no gunshots or sirens heard in the hour or so following.

The above is true, albiet a little tounge in cheek. What concerns me though is this guy's wandering the streets, driving a motor vehicle, interacting with innocent civilians, maybe even breeding or voting.

How can it be!

No comments:

Post a Comment